Designboom’s “Think outside the parking box” competition in collaboration with Nissan is now over. Final results below.
Name of design: Rotary parking machine
Design by: Tanzim Hasan Salim from Bangladesh
Designer’s own words:
The concept of rotary parking derives from the Ferris wheel. With this machine up to six, cars can be parked automatically one after another from a road side parking space for only one. The cars are picked up by means of strong electro-magnetic arms which are adjustable by hydraulic systems .This machine can be installed individually or modularly used in array where there is no space for heavy construction of parking lots or other such devices that require more space. The device is anchored to the pavement and requires very little footprint. Once parked, the cars can have a joy ride which would also be a spectacle added to the urban fabric.
Name of design: Solasis Light Tower
Design by: Klaud Wasiak + Yongbang Ho from Canada
Designer's own words:
This concept ties the Nissan Qashqai closer to nature and toward an ecological contribution. A parked vehicle is wasting city space. This concept gives the car a conscience; it can contribute back and have more purpose throughout its daily use. Solasis is a solar light tower that generates electric power from sunlight by focusing concentrated solar radiation reflected from the Qashqai's photovoltaic panels and mirrors onto a heat exchanger mounted in the tower. That energy is then fed back into the grid powering vehicles and buildings.
Name of design: Parkscope
Design by: Davide Aquini from Italy
Designer's own words:
Parkscope is a multi-layer parking concept with a led-wall facade. Parking becomes an opportunity to express yourself, a wall where you can leave a sign. Each parking bay matches a section of the facade. Customers, after parking their car, can "publish" a photo by sending an MMS to the parking-server including the bay number. Thanks to the photo, customers leave a personal sign "on" urban landscape. Photos will also help customers find their car more easily.
The other finalists were :
- “Hive Nissan” design by Krasimir Savchev from Bulgaria
- “Vertigo” design by Lara Mikocki from Australia
- “Attraction parking” design by Pule Swai from Switzerland
- “Rent a parking light 02” design by Christian Susana from Austria
- “90 degrees” design by Helena Bueno + Baíta Design. From Brazil
- “Qashqai Training Department” design by Dario Berardi from Italy
- “Shis” design by Maciej Siczek from Poland
- “Parking tape roll” design by Thibault Dussex from Switzerland
- “Tqif” design by Garland Yu from Japan
- “Helium parking” design by Nikolay Ivanov Kolev from Bulgaria
- “Cocooning / parking lot” design by Erdmann Tim from Germany
- “Ferris_wheel” design by Benet Dalmau + Saida Dalmau + Jordi Huguet + Anna Julibert + Carmen Vilar from Spain
You can see below the gallery with the best projects, selected by the jury :