On MY22, ProPILOT Assist is standard on Tekna and e+ Tekna, optional from N-Connecta grades. Other models may also be equipped with ProPILOT Assist: please check with your dealer to see if a specific model and grade features the system. You should not rely solely on driver convenience features. Some features may not work in all conditions and circumstances. Speed and other limitations apply. ProPILOT Assist is an Advanced Driver Assistance technology but cannot prevent collisions. ProPILOT Assist is intended for “Eyes on/ Hands On” for motorways only (road separated by Barriers). It is the driver’s responsibility to stay alert, drive safely and be able to take control of the vehicle at any time. For terms and conditions relating to Nissan technologies, please click here.
NISSAN LEAF TIPS & TRICKS ProPILOT Assist – Things to know
Nissan’s ProPILOT Assist is an advanced driver assist system that helps to alleviate the dress of driving . Over 20 years of research and development includes road-testing across the globe, including Japan, Europe, USA and China - there are currently over 870,000 vehicles with ProPILOT Assist on the road today! Here are some things to keep in mind:
Visibility and ProPILOT Assist
2 wheels and 4
- ProPILOT Assist helps to detect both cars and motorcycles.
Helps those behind you
- When ProPILOT Assist activates the brake, the brake lights turn on helping those behind you drive in a smoother, safer manner
Using ProPILOT Assist
Made for the motorway
- ProPILOT Assist has been designed for use on motorways; it is not for other driving situations, including city driving.
- The system offers features such as Lane Keep Assist which helps keep you centred in your lane; however, it is important you always keep your hands on the steering wheel and eyes on the road.
You're in charge
- As the driver, your input is always given priority. When you apply the brake, the system disengages.
ProPILOT Assist and Driving Conditions
- As long as weather and visibility conditions are met, ProPILOT Assist is available day or night.
- We ask that drivers refrain from using the system on slippery roads.
- If lane markers are not visible, the system may not work. In any instance where part or all of the ProPILOT Assist system disengages due to road conditions, audible and visible warnings in your dashboard will let you know.